Makumu Luxury Game Lodge is an astonishingly beautiful Lodge in the heart of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve near Hoedspruit, South Africa
- One of the largest Private Nature Reserves in South Africa – 60,000 hectares unfenced to the Greater Kruger National Park
- Closest airport: Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (approximately 1-hour transfer time to the lodge)
- Malaria area
Due to the isolated location of Makumu Luxury Game Lodge, vehicle access is via 4×4 vehicle only. We recommend that for International tourists, the airport at Hoedspruit Eastgate airport is utilized. With twice daily flights from Johannesburg (OR Tambo) to Eastgate, this is the more viable option. All guests utilizing the airport will be met by Makumu representatives and transferred to the Lodge, transfer time is approximately 1 hour.
Makumu Luxury Game Lodge
Makumu Luxury Private Game Lodge is the realisation of Stefan Breuer’s childhood dream. With support from his family, and a dedicated team of creative people, he created the astonishingly beautiful Makumu Private Game Lodge in the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve in Hoedspruit, South Africa.
Make the African Dream yours at Makumu Luxury Game Lodge
THE BOMA DECK
Situated above the banks of the non-perennial Dundee river bed is our wooden-decked Boma where you become alive and where you can hear the beat of your heart. The Boma is primarily used for evening dining and situated under open African skies you will be surrounded by the gentle flicker of lanterns, candlelight and open fire.To listen closely for the far-off roar of the lion, the gentle coughing of the leopard or the hauntingly familiar call of the owl, is where you realise that this boma experience is intimate and unsurpassed.
Whether for a cool refreshing swim after a warm night’s sleep, or a dip to escape the hot African sun, the pool at Makumu is an oasis which offers it all. Built as a feature to blend in with the surrounding bushveld, it revives your senses.The pool oasis is a feature originally designed around the needs of the guest’s enjoyment – don’t be surprised by the visiting elephant herds that are known to quench their thirst here during the hot midday temperatures!
Lunch drenched in sunlight, a romantic dinner by candlelight, one always feels indulged dining at Makumu Luxury Game Lodge. Few things can compare to lunch that is drenched in sunlight, or a romantic dinner by candlelight under the open spectacular canopy of the southern night sky. Superb cuisine, fine wines and an open fire will make your experience unforgettable.
Opportunities are everywhere at Makumu Lodge. From the early morning birdlife viewing as the sun peeks over the horizon, to the resident warthog family that frequents the lodge lawns during the day and the elephant herds that choose to quench their thirst in the swimming pool, there always exists the possibility of a sighting…
Makumu Luxury Game Lodge Safari.
Conducted twice daily or as you prefer, open Landrover safari with armed Ranger and a Shangaan tracker in search of the elusive “Big five” as well as the other small and large wonders of this magnificent stretch of Southern Africa, normally conducted early morning and late afternoon.
With optional extras at Makumu Luxury Game Lodge there is something for everyone! Reptile demonstrations from an reptile expert – Learn more about these magnificent creatures Massage – To take that relaxation to the next level. Get Active – Use of our exercise equipment for those who will miss their daily trip to the gym.
Makumu Luxury Game Lodge Accommodation
- 6 suites; 3 King Suites and 3 Impi Suites.
- King Suite: 6m x 6m, en-suite bathroom with bath & shower, walk-in closet, viewing deck with hammock
- Impi Suite: 5m x 6m, en-suite bathroom with shower only, viewing deck
- Each set of suites is decorated according to the style of African tribes, namely the Bushman, Ndebele and Zulu tribes
- As part of the Makumu experience, all suites are powered by candlelight at night. There are international plug points in all rooms for chargeable electronics.
King suite per person sharing from R8,400
Impi suite per person sharing from R7,800
50% surcharge for single persons travelling alone
Exclusive use of the lodge up to a maximum of 12 people from R67,200
Makumu Tented Bush Camp – surcharge pp (March to September; minimum 2 and maximum 6 guests in up to 3 tents on an exclusive-use basis) from R2,580
Bed Levy R250 per person per stay once off
Conservation Levy R115 per person per night ages 12+
- Laundry services
- Entrance fees to the reserve of R140 (if self-driving)
- Additional activities like massages, reptile demonstrations and flying safaris
- Airport transfers for stays of 1 or 2 nights
Cancellation / Prepayment
45 – 31 days prior to arrival: 50% of full amount
30 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of full amount
Children and extra beds
• All ages welcome when booking exclusive use of the Lodge
• Children aged 8+ years welcome (full adult rate applies)